Saturday, July 18, 2009

Thinking...

So, I don't work on the weekends anymore with this new job that I have and this is the first weekend in a while that I have been able to sit at home and do nothing... But that always leads me to thinking and wondering about things... On todays menu of thinking...

I started going back to a couple years ago when I really wanted to move away from Cottonwood cuz I was tired of living there and seeing the same things day after day... So that's just what I did, quit my job, packed my bags and moved out to Queen Creek... Couldn't find a job for the life of me and decided one day that I was going to see where being a nanny would take me... So, once again I went out on a limb and applied to be a nanny... A few days later got a call about two possible families and an interview later that day... Low and behold I landed a job out in Corona, CA!! I was so excited to get out of AZ and try something new!! I moved out there and I will say that SoCal is not all that it's cracked up to be... The people are different, no one cares about you, no one can take 5 minutes out of there day to even think about the remote possibility of caring about you... To be honest all they care about out there is themselves and making more money than their neighbor down the street and having bigger and better things than anyone else they know!! I know that not everyone out there is like that but just from the experiences I had and most of the people I met out there that's the impression they left in my mind... Nine months later I was hating my job and every person out there that I had associated myself with... But as I look back on it now I'm grateful for the experience it provided me with... I learned a lot about myself and a lot of life lessons... I also learned that if I hadn't moved out there and gone through the things that I had gone thru that I wouldn't be where I am today... Some may say that that may not be such a bad thing if I wasn't where I am today but I am truly grateful to be where I am and to have what I have in life...
For example, I never would have met Wes, seriously... If you want to know the story I'll tell you but I know that every day from here on out that I will look at that man and be grateful for all that I have been through... We watched a movie the other night and a professor said in it that there are two different views on the world and the way that things happen, some think that every thing, whether big or small, that has happened up until this point has happened for a reason... And the other part of the world just thinks that sh** happens and it doesn't matter what other things have happened, it didn't make the world what it is...
So, I questioned that today for myself and I believe that everything happens for a reason and that everything in this world that has happened has led me to where I am now... It could have been different, it very well could have been... But for now I am glad that things are just the way that they are because I love my life and I wouldn't trade it for the world... I have an amazing family that I love very much, I have an amazing man that I also love very much and am excited to start a new life with him by my side, and last but not least I have amazing friends who I love, too!! All of the people in my life where meant to be in my life but without the past I wouldn't have any of it...
I don't really know if this post will make much sense but I just needed to get it out there and let you all know that I'm glad I have you in my life, and maybe you're not part of my life right now or anymore but I'm glad either way... I'm excited to see what the future has in store for me and to see what other great people out there I will meet and grow to love as well... Until then...

2 comments:

Natalie Robles said...

Jenny I am so glad you are loving life now! After our nice little chat the other day I feel better about life too!

Trezise Momma said...

Wow, Jen! This was quite a deep post! Glad you are lovin' life!