So, I know that this is a little late since I probably should have done this like Friday but better late than never, right?
I was lucky enough to be able to be in the room when Hailey Marie was born... And I must say that I do know that miracles really do happen. Some may not think that when they watch a baby being born, some may think it's gross and that's fine but I truely feel like I was blessed on Thursday night. I have been so excited to meet this new niece of mine for the last 9 months (give or take a few weeks) and when I heard the news from Shane early Thursday morning I couldn't go back to sleep. I must say that I really wanted to skip work and be there the entire day but I knew that it was going to take a while for Deanna to actually be ready... I think it's safe to say that I waited as patiently as I possibly could (Shane will probably beg to differ if you ask him) for this baby to make her way into this world.
I got to the hospital at about 9 pm, and sat in the room waiting for something to happen... Deanna didn't take long after I arrived, and about an hour and a half later there she was... As she was born this spirit that I had never felt before filled the room and at that moment there wasn't a care in the world... For the first time in a long time I felt close to my Heavenly Father, and I know that that is really sad for me to admit but I felt the spirit so close... She is a miracle, all babies are and I was blessed to be able to witness that miracle of life...
Congrats to Shane and Deanna, and welcome to the world Hailey!! It was an amazing experience to be a part of it all and I am grateful that I will get to witness more in the future... I cannot wait for Erin, Tara and Heather to bring their beautiful babies into this world... So I can smell them (it's a Willoughby thing) and love them unconditionally!! I am the luckiest Auntie Jenny in the entire world!!


2 comments:
She is pretty awesome! I am glad you were able to be there and witness her entrance. What a miracle!!
I'm a little jealous, but alas... the sleep was blissful and I did get my licks in on Friday with her. Grandma Ann
Post a Comment